Vert’s Vietnam factory is located in Bac Giang, a province in the northeast of Vietnam located in the Red River Delta. Bac Giang has a population of 1.6 million with it’s land area primarily dedicated to agriculture and forestry. It is 50km from Hanoi and is within both the Hanoi-Hai Phong-Quang Ninh and Nanning-Lang Son-Hanoi-Hai Phong-Quang Ninh economic corridors.
OUR HOME IN
Our home in Bac Giang
SA8000 - The Social Compliance standard
Vert Company is certified to the social compliance standard SA8000 since 2013. The SA8000 standard is one of the world’s first auditable social certification standards for decent workplaces, across all industrial sectors. It is based on the UN Declaration of Human Rights, conventions of the ILO, UN and national law, and spans industry and corporate codes to create a common language to measure social performance.
It takes a management systems approach by setting out the structures and procedures that companies must adopt in order to ensure that compliance with the standard is continuously reviewed. Vert has adopted policies and procedures that protect the basic human rights of workers. Below are the nine elements in the SA8000 Standard:
- No use or support of child labour
- No use or support for forced or compulsory labour, including prison labour
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace
- Freedom of Association and Right to Collective Bargaining
- No discrimination based on race and origin, in hiring and remuneration
- Dignity and respect; zero tolerance of corporal punishment, mental or physical abuse of personnel
- Working Hours in compliance with laws, collective bargaining agreements (where applicable) & industry standards
- Remuneration based on living wage
- Management Systems and practices
We are specialized in casual wear and specifically in outerwear and trousers. For leading fashion and work-wear brands we produce their fashion and technical garments. Recently we also ventured into skiwear.